Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Why are you wearing the same dress today?

I had the opportunity to teach young minds Sanskrit at a Sanskrit camp. While packing, I took summer and Sanskrit into account and ended up with cottons, but mostly earth tones. While my mind balked at the color monotonousness, I didn't have the time to diversify!

So, second day of camp, one young curious mind wanted to know - “Why are you wearing the same dress as yesterday?” Internally chiding myself for not taking the time to diversify, I made the general disclaimer to my class of ten tens (average age) - “Oh! This is a different dress, and all my dresses this trip are similar colors.” Final day of camp, my attire stood out from the rest of the ensembles, I guess! I had to survive the declaration “You said you brought same colors! But, this is different!”

Do I applaud the children for being observant, or, do I squirm for the rest of my life at the thought they thought I wore the same dress for three full days before finally changing into something different on the fourth day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do want to say the latter, but then you are my friend and I don't want to see you squirming :)